Diesel Trade N2
Learner will be able to maintain, test and repair diesel vehicles, including engines, mechanical parts, transmissions, suspensions, steering and brakes.
- N1 Certificate OR equivalent qualification.
- One Trimester (Three months)
- Full time and part time classes available
- Part-time Learners will be required to sit College based examination at the Campus for the term mark
Module Specific Outcomes
- Understanding the fundamentals of practical diesel mechanics.
- Identify and understand work habits and practices.
- Identification of various hand tools as well as workshop tools.
- Understanding and identification of the parts of diesel engine.
- Identification and understanding of lubrication systems.
- Applications of basic calculations for mechanics.
- Identification and understanding of cooling, air intake and exhausts.
- Drawings and freehand sketching of various diesel engine components
- Understanding and identification of electrical systems for diesel engine.
- Identification, reading and application of measuring instruments.